AKARNA DHANURASANA (ARCHER POSE, BOW AND ARROW POSE OR SHOOTING BOW POSE)
SANSKRIT :- आकर्ण धनुरासन:
A :- Near, Toward
Karna :- Ear
Dhanu :- Bow
Asana :- Pose
TYPE OF STRETCH :- Side-Bend and Twist
STRENGTHEN :- Abdomen, Shoulder, Arm, Lower Spine.
ANATOMY OF MUSCLES :- Biceps, Triceps, Hamstring, Hips and knees.
POSITION :- Sitting
• Sit relaxed on the plain surface area.
• Head, Shoulder and Spine should remain straight and stretch your legs in front of you.
• Keep your palms on your thighs and inhale deeply.
• Slide down the right hand towards your big toe of right foot.
• Hold the toe and pull the right foot towards your face and slide down with left hand to reach big toe of your left foot.
• Left foot should remain on the ground.
• Move your right foot with right hand in front of your face towards right ear.
• Exhale and inhale when lifting left foot with right hand.
• Keep your trunk and neck erect while doing the Akarna Dhanurasan.
• Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
• Exhale and return to your original position.
• Repeat those Asana with your left leg and right leg alternatively atleast twice with each leg.
• If someone suffering from Spinal injuries must not recommend perform this Asana.
• When you feel heavy or uncomfortable, Don’t hold it for long.
• If you feel any problem or instability in scoliosis area , it’s best to avoid this Pose or Asana.
• Increases Flexibility.
• Strengthen your abdomen.
• Improve your Digestive system.
• Improve concentration.
• Strengthen your body.
• Burn belly fat.
• Improving blood circulation.
• Build up your core muscles.
• Treats Indigestion Problems.
• Clear Constipation.