Muscle Involved:- Latissimus Dorsi, Erector Spinae, Trapezius, Gluteal Muscle, Abdomen, Deltoids
Targets:- Lower Lumbar Region of the Spine (Lower Back)
· Cobra pose is also known as Bhujangasana.
· It is a beginning backbend exercise that helps to prepare the body for deeper back ends.
· It stimulates the Spinous process, Kidneys, Renal system, Digestive organs, Reproductive organs.
· Lie on the mat in pron position.
· Take a few deep breaths and relax your body mind.
· Place your palms flat on the mat directly under your shoulders.
· Keep your legs and feet are together.
· Try to using full back strength.
· Slowly lift upward and forward your upper body ( Chest ) off the mat and make a 90° angle for your arms.
· Lengthen your thoracic spine.
· Lift your chin up slightly but avoid hyperending the neck.
· Hold this position for 10-20 seconds. Repeat this exercise 8-10 times.
· Relax your body and take a few deep breaths.
· Relieves Back Pain
· Increases spinal strength and flexibility
· It’s gives mild stretches on your chest, lungs, shoulder and fatigue
· It helps to soothes sciatica
· Increasing blood circulation
If you have any of these avoid using this pose:-
· Carpal tunnel syndrome
· Back injury